5 ways Webflow will improve your business website and help you run it more efficiently
In this article, we have outlined the five most relevant aspects of Webflow that will help you to run your company website more efficiently. The following features are most commonly used by our clients and are also vital to the website's performance.
So before jumping in, what is Webflow? Webflow is a website development platform that gives you complete control over the look and layout of your website and the ability to change and update your website fast and simply.
1. Updating Content on Your Website is Quick and Easy
A big part of running a business is managing your website. You need the ability to change, grow, and keep your website up-to-date as an organic part of your company's growth. This could be publishing your blog posts, updating your copy because you just hired a brand-new copywriter or simply creating new products on your page. In order to do that, your team needs to be able to update your website on a daily basis without any hassles. Webflow makes this process quick and efficient without the need for web developers.
The content can be edited directly on the web through Webflow Editor, which looks exactly like your website and gives you the ability to edit it.
The content you can easily edit in Webflow Editor
- Edit the general content of any website page
- Add relevant content to news or blog posts easily
- Editing current content (texts, images) for a blog or news post
- Making changes to the images on the website
2. Easy Team Collaboration
Your website is a living part of your team’s process. There are developers, designers, marketers, content strategists and others who all have an impact on the development and evolution of your website. Many teams today are working from different parts of the globe, so seamless and oftentimes simultaneous collaboration is more important than ever.
Last year Webflow launched new improvements for teams to collaborate and here is what it included:
- Edit content while your teammate builds.
- Smooth handover between teammates.
- Live syncing of content changes between teammate sessions.
- Improved visibility of where your teammates are working.
3. Webflow is a No-Code tool and here is why you should care
No-code and low-code tools are changing the software development industry. Several factors account for the rise in no-code and low-code tools, but one of the most significant is the imbalance between the steadily increasing need for software development services and the lack of qualified developers.
Now that no-code tools are available, more people can access technologies that were previously only accessible to <1% of engineers that could code. The costs of development were high and the space for creativity was limited. This presents a huge advantage for many businesses - they can create these applications without spending valuable time or resources that they may not have.
These are some of the benefits that no-code can bring to your business:
- Faster Development - No-Code development reduces development time by up to 80%.
- Lower Cost - By reducing time, you will be able to reduce expenses
- Easy Updates - Simple, fast updates that keep up with your business
Ryan Hoover, founder of Product Hunt, in The Rise of No Code
4. SEO components are super easy to manage in Webflow
The term SEO stands for search engine optimization and it describes the process by which algorithms find out how to rank content within search engines. Almost any platform with a search engine can be optimized with search engine optimization - Google, YouTube, Bing, Pinterest and many others.
One of the primary reasons SEO is so valuable is that it drives organic traffic to your website. You will have a difficult time gaining organic visitors from search engines if you lack solid SEO.
Here are the most critical parts of a well-optimized website, which you can find in Webflow:d
- Lightweight code
- Having content formats like a blog, category pages, product pages, landing pages, etc.
- Meta titles, descriptions, and alt tags
- SEO settings like canonicals, sitemaps, robots.txt file, reverse proxies, and custom code
The Webflow platform enables you to control SEO settings without adding plugins, provide clean semantic code, allow you to change the content structure and web design without relying on third-party software, and ensure all your websites use enterprise-grade hosting (built on Amazon Web Services).
5. Websites on Webflow are secure and fast
A fast-loading website is what you want. But what is fast? Ideally, pages should load within 3 seconds. Webflow should deliver load times of less than 2 seconds, and even smaller websites should load within half a second. You can test your page speed with the PageSpeed Insights test. Okay, now that we know how fast the website should be, let's discuss why it's so important.
- It takes users 0,05 seconds to form an opinion on your website.
- 70% of users say that a website's load time affects their purchasing decision.
- Websites that load quickly are ranked higher by search engines.
- Better user experience.
Another crucial aspect of a successful website is page security. You want your website to be secure and have an SSL certificate. These certificates keep data secure and encrypted. Webflow is one of the hosting providers that already offer this as a standard feature. For example, WordPress sites can also be protected by SSL certificates, but this requires expert knowledge since it's a complex process for most WordPress users. WordPress security is one of the top concerns for their website owners, and for a good reason. In 2018, 90% of all CMS-based websites that were hacked were hosted by WordPress, which translates to 90,000 attacks per minute.
Although no Internet service is completely safe from attacks, Webflow has enterprise-grade website security, utilizing Advanced DDOS protection measures that minimize the most common threats.
To Wrap It Up
Websites are only getting more powerful, and the tools used to build them must evolve as well. With no-code solutions like Webflow, your designers can design what you want without having to write any code, and the growth of your website can be as rapid as your company's growth.